Monday, June 9, 2008

Freshman Year in English

1.When I look all the way back to the beginning of the year I think I have stayed pretty much the same . I've gotten a little taller, and I have felt a lot more healthier than the beginning of the year. I think I may have matured a little bit, but in the experience type of way. I also think I have become a more responsible person this year and I think that is a great quality to have.


2. My least favorite topic to study this year was the book Seedfolks . I had a hard time reading that book. I did not find it interesting, which led to me not reading the book so I did not do well on the quizzes that were handed to me on that topic. The book was also hard to understand, I did not know what the book was about until we reviewed it for the final test.

3. The hardest topic to study this year I think was the Odyssey. I had a hard time with a number of things. I couldn't remember all the names of the Gods. The book was worded in a way I had a hard time to understand. The Odyssey was also such a long confusing book all the stories strung together in my head and I got even more confused So it took allot of studying and preparation to get a good grade in that unit.

4. My most favorite topic this year was the book Forged By Fire. That book caught my attention as soon as I started reading it. I also really liked the activities we did on it. I especially liked the newspaper article project we did. I was so interested in the book I read the other book connected to it Tears Of a Tiger. I think everybody can connect with that book in any slight way.

5. I would start off by saying freshman English with Ms.Strout Is going to be awesome! But if you don't do your work, you will be in a pickle. I would also warn them about Seedolks cause that book is horrible!

No comments: